Visual Journalist, KPCC (2012 – present)
- Pitch and produce photos, video and motion graphics for KPCC's mobile-first social platforms and KPCC.org..
- Contributed to the launch and production of KPCC’s AudioVision visuals blog.
- Cover themes specific to Los Angeles including drought, police-community relations and immigration.
Adjunct Instructor, USC Annenberg School for Journalism (Fall 2016)
- Taught a 16-week visual journalism course to journalism students.
- Produced lesson plans, led presentations and hands-on workshops on photo, video and social media.
Staff Photojournalist, Antelope Valley Press (2011 – 2012)
- Covered news for a desert community north of Los Angeles.
- Pitched and produced independent photo stories including following the area’s first roller derby team.
Intern & Freelance Photojournalist, Los Angeles Daily News (2011)
- Pitched, produced photo essays, videos and news stories.
- Produced a video and written feature about a stand-up comic turned professional gunslinger.
Intern & Freelance Photojournalist, Orange County Register (2011)
- Reported stories and captured images for online photo galleries and print
- Pitched, produced written feature and photos of a Spanish-speaking herder living with 300 brush-clearing goats.
Photo, video and motion graphic production. Reporting, scripting and news writing. Audio editing, radio reporting. Adept at Adobe After Effects, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro. Basic knowledge of HTML. Conversational Spanish.
GRANTS & DEVELOPMENT
Co-Director & Mentor, AAJA Voices (2015 – present)
- Lead multimedia journalism training fellowship for college and graduate students including a hands-on, week-long summer training during the AAJA National Convention.
- Provide one-one-one mentorship to college students in the months before and after training.
Grant Recipient, Bridget O’Brien Scholarship (2009 – 2010)
- Worked as part of a two-person team to produce an investigative series from West Africa examining the exploitation of young basketball players.
- Project was named the Society of Professional Journalists’ National Winner for In-Depth Reporting and the Associated Collegiate Press’ National First Place Multimedia Story of the Year.
Multimedia Participant, Mountain Workshops (2011)
- One of 20 photojournalists selected nationally for the five-day intensive Western Kentucky University workshop.
- Produced short-form video about recovered alcoholic single mother with a developmentally disabled daughter.